Here it is.
Both the foil and the mesh responded well to the crimping tool. The framing system worked very well to keep the strip ends firmly in place.
I like the idea of a surreal fly-screen.
Some more views.
The major ideas which might be coalescing at the moment:
* weave structures
* corrugations – creating light, shadow and movement. Also firm up the loops.
* metal – reflections
To explore ideas of
* Fontana’s infinite dimension – “[cutting] between the space occupied by the viewer, through the surface of the canvas, to the space that lies beyond” (12-Jun-2016)
* The orthogonal – exploring / breaking that constraint? constant? in weave
* gravity – partner to orthogonal.
The frame is visually light. It defines a plane, but is supportive rather than insistent.
* Rearranging the metal sample to various areas of looseness and more grid-like.
* Trying different materials through the crimper. I’d like to take better advantage of the reflections.
* I want to do grid-influenced sketching. Don’t know what that means yet.
* Frames within frames? Can I extend this structure?